Increasing your business’ website ranking on Google requires dedication and a well-planned approach. There are a number of components involved in making sure your website ranks well on Google’s search engine; one of those components is link building. Link building refers to the process of getting other websites to link back to yours. The more backlinks to your website, the more reliable it will appear and the more authority it will have —– which ultimately determines how well your website will rank on search engines like Google.
Though it’s not about being linked by just any website; the authority and quality of the website linking back to you are also taken into account. The authority of the page linking to you is what matters the most because it has a stronger ability to pass more authority to your website. Additionally, if the website linking back to you has no relevance to your business, it would be flagged and do more harm than good for your website. That’s why it’s recommended that you take the time to incorporate the building of relevant links into your SEO strategy in order to see results.
How to build backlinks
- Create good quality content. Quality content that brings value to the reader can organically attract more traffic to your page. Take the time to develop digital content that will help or add value to your intended audience. Eye-catching infographics and lists are popular formats to deliver information that will be frequently shared and linked to. Both these formats are rich in content but are presented in easy-to-read, bite-sized chunks.
- Reach out to relevant websites. Unless your website is already well-ranked, it may be difficult for relevant websites to find the high-quality content on your website that can be of value to them. Sending a personalized email letting them know about your website and politely requesting a backlink can be an effective method in putting your website on their radar.
- Provide original research and data. Generating original data is a great way to increase your backlinks. Not only will publishing research papers establish yourself as an industry leader, statistics and data are highly linkable. In his experience, one of his posts containing original data from a research he conducted was referenced over 13 thousand times within the last three years. Every time an author uses your research findings, they will have to reference you and link to your webpage.
- Let your own website bring in backlinks. Make sure your website is doing its part in bringing in traffic and encouraging backlinks. The quality of your linking page is a factor in determining the overall effectiveness and reliability. High-quality pages are more likely to be trusted and referenced by other sites. Additionally, using a keyword generator to ensure your content has popular and relevant keywords can also contribute to being better ranked on Google’s search engine results page as long as you’re not overdoing it in hopes of better results. Overpopulating your content with keywords is considered keyword stuffing and would be flagged by Google’s algorithms.
The benefits of link building
Since Google’s complex algorithms not only take into account the work you put into your page, it also judges your website’s authority and relevance by how well you’re doing off-page — also known as backlinks. Improving your website’s ranking through the process of link building can seem like a daunting task especially with the things to keep in mind from Google’s Webmaster Guideline, however, taking the time to do so correctly can reap huge rewards for your business. Here are four major benefits for link building.
- Being seen as a reliable and authoritative source in your respective field helps in getting your website indexed in search results, which ultimately, can lead to higher conversion rates and sales. On top of that, not only will you be receiving traffic from search results, backlinks add more opportunities for potential consumers to find you since you’ll be receiving referral traffic from the websites that link to you.
- Building links not only increases your brand visibility within Google’s search results, but where you actually want your content to be seen: in the community of your target market. The more you’re mentioned and linked to by trusted, relevant sources, the more your brand will be seen by potential life-long followers and consumers. It’s an effective marketing tool to advertise the goods and services your business has to offer. That’s why link building is an investment that gives you long-term benefits.
- Frequent backlinks from reputable sources can help establish your business as an industry leader, helping you develop credibility and a reputation that your audience can grow to depend on. Subsequent posts in the future will not only be more visible in the community, it will also be used more frequently, continuing the cycle of increased authority and trust.
- Link building requires you to reach out to other businesses in your respective field, giving you the opportunity to foster new relationships and potential business opportunities that can mutually benefit both parties. It also helps your brand position its strategic value amongst competitors and potential business partners.
There’s no shortcut to link building since Google’s advanced and ever-changing algorithms are tailored to catch suspicious tactics that are used to try and manipulate the system. One of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines for avoiding any of Google’s index penalties is to create a website made with the intent of benefitting your users, not search engines. Therefore, an effective way you can reap the benefits of being indexed on Google’s search results is by putting in the time and effort into developing a quality page that will draw in organic traffic and referral travel from websites that believe in your content. Developing a strong backlink strategy is only one component in improving your SEO, but it is an important one that many businesses often overlook. Many long-time benefits can be derived from fostering strong online credibility, especially since it brings great value to your business and your users.
We welcome all quality backlinks and links exchanging, contact us right away.