On July 1st , Baidu announced a new notification for its Green Radish Algorithm Update (百度绿萝算法2.0更新公告). The coming update is dedicated to filtering out the websites that have promoted plenty of backlinks thought Press Release. – Not only PR, Q&A’s websites are also concerned (Baidu Zhidao for example).
I know some of you have built backlinks using these SEO techniques on Baidu. Let’s have a first overview of the problem and how to solve it:
- Delete the backlinks that you have built – Do you have the whole list, if not, you should start praying.
- Change your domain – Fantastic idea!
- Bride Baidu – seriously, why don’t you bride them for top rankings?
- Hack the websites you have built backlinks – isn’t it illegal?
So, now we define the only potential way to avoid troubles on Baidu, solution 1, disavow the backlinks.
We will be able to clearly see the impact on Baidu SERP soon; waiting for it you should consider the following SEO guidelines as soon as possible:
- Instead of removing the blacklisted backlinks, you could choose to build more “white backlinks” on Baidu products, such as: Baike, Tieba and etc.
Be noticed that it can be risky on Tieba, be very careful on your content.
- Try to build high quality PR on news websites, such as Sina, tech2ipo, and those that have high Baidu page rank.
- Ask the web master to remove your backlinks.
- The easiest way is to disavow backlinks on Baidu Zhanzhang. I guess you are already using it right? Otherwise open an account if you plan to index your website on Baidu. Here are the steps to follow to disavow a link on Baidu:
Baidu didn’t talk about the links on Social websites; we will keep an eye on it.
It can be easy for a competitor to create blacklisted backlinks to your website. Be careful and keep an eye on Baidu Zhanzhang dashboard.
Stay with us to keep informed the latest news in China E-Marketing and Search engine optimization. Feel free to contact us for more information.
Our Web Marketing team is always pleased to take care of your SEO strategy.