As everyone remember, Google’s Panda update on February 24th, 2011. For this “Panda-versary”, the SEObook website make an infographic to help us understand about the effect of the algorithm 1 year after it first released.
Here is a sum up of the infographic realized by SEO book:
- Too much content farms
- Relevancy was primarily link-driven
- Too much low content pages
Google’s algorithms and Google’s brand started to be precept in a negative way. Google then reacts by deploying the algorithm Panda.
You can also read my post to understand easily Google Panda.
What about the impact of Panda?
It’s possible to categorize websites in three types of site:
- Big brands: They have greatly benefited from the arrival of Google Panda algorithm. SERP position has increased.
- Smaller sites: Generally not impacted, because Google doesn’t have enough data to sanction them.
- Large un-branded sites with many pages: Huge effects, and large ranking decrease
Here is the infographic:
Feel free to let a ask us if you have question about Google Panda.
And do not forget our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) service.